Step up for Civility! Join the civility revolution and make your voice heard.
4 Steps for Individual Action
- Gather a few friends to begin the conversation on civility: text CIVILITY to 89800 with a few friends. Click to learn more.
- Create a social media post promoting civility share it broadly. Use hashtag #NICD.
- Join our email list and get weekly updates on the civility revolution, civility success stories and civility updates. Click here to sign up!
- Sometimes conversations can be hard. Help start one with #TextTalkAct or #TextTalkVote. Participate in #TextTalkVote or #TextTalkAct discussion. To talk about mental health, gather a group of friends and text START to 89800. To talk about the 2016 Elections, gather a couple friends and text VOTE to 89800.
4 Steps for Collective Action
- Host a civility conversation in your school, organization, or with a group of concerned citizens...via your cell phone! Click to learn how to join and download the curriculum and teacher resources.
- Work with members of your community to create and adopt your own civility resolution (Howard County Maryland did it you can too! Click here to see how: http://choosecivility.org/free-materials/).
- Have your organization fund or host a Next Generation workshop for legislators in your state. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
- Host a #TextTalkVote or #TextTalkAct discussion (to talk about mental health, gather a couple friends and text START to 89800. To talk about the 2016 Elections, gather a couple friends and text VOTE to 89800) Share the experience of your group conversation with the hashtag #TextTalkAct or #TextTalkVote.