Join the Civility Revolution! Take action today to step up for civility and make your voice heard.
3 Steps for Individual Action
- Create a social media post promoting civility and post it on your social media account to speak up for civil discourse. Use hashtag #NICD.
- Join our mailing list and get weekly updates on the civility revolution, civility success stories and civility updates. Click here to sign up!
- Sometimes Conversations can be hard. Help start one with #TextTalkAct or #TextTalkVote. Participate in #TextTalkVote or #TextTalkAct discussion. To talk about mental health, gather a group of friends and text START to 89800. To talk about the 2016 Elections, gather a couple friends and text VOTE to 89800.
3 Steps for Collective Action
- Work with members in your community to create and adopt your own civility resolution (akin to Howard County’s Choose Civility campaign; Materials created out of the campaign referenced here: http://choosecivility.org/free-materials/).
- Have your organization fund or host the space in your state for a Next Generation workshop. Contact email@example.com to get started!
- Host a #TextTalkVote or #TextTalkAct discussion (to talk about mental health, gather a could friends and text START to 89800. To talk about the 2016 Elections, gather a couple friends and text VOTE to 89800) and share the experience of your group conversation using the social media platform of your choice using the hashtag #TextTalkAct or #TextTalkVote.