Linking civility work on college campuses.
The NICD's National Civility Network (NCN) was launched on college campuses in spring of 2015.
The network is comprised of institutes and centers committed to a more robust democracy through programs both on campus and in the broader society. The NCN collaborates on projects related to political dysfunction, civiliity, and civic engagement. Current member organizations include:
- Center for Civility and Democratic Engagement, University of California, Berkeley
- Center for Politics, University of Virginia
- Davenport Institute for Public Engagement and Civic Leadership, Pepperdine University
- Ethics Center, California State University, Fresno
- Institute for Civic Discourse and Democracy, Kansas State University
- Institute of Civil Civic Engagement, University of San Diego, San Diego City College, and San Diego Mesa College
- Institute for Policy and Civic Engagement, College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Jonathan M. Tisch College of Citizenship and Public Service, Tufts University
- Ray C. Bliss Institute of Applied Politics, University of Akron
For more information or to learn how to get involved, contact
Timothy J. Shaffer, Ph.D
Principal Research Specialist